Check out Healy Awards’ latest Monthly Special!!! Order your football decal sets today and change the look of your helmets for the 2012 season!!! The Nation’s Toughest Most Durable Helmet Decals!!!
All posts for the month June, 2012
Posted by Healy Awards on June 28, 2012
Many people are not aware of the many different types of decals that can be applied to football helmets. Below is an introduction to the most common items that are affixed to football helmets today. All of the products below are offered by Healy Decals and are printed on our tough, thick 20 mil vinyl. We provide the Nation’s Toughest Most Durable Football Helmet Decals to youth organization, high school and universities across the nation. Order online today or call our Customer Service line at 800-558-1696 to place your order.
Side Helmet Decals: Side helmet decals are used to represent your team’s mascot, team name or logo. Side decals are sold in pairs and are applied to each side of the football helmet, providing a graphical representation of your team’s colors and logo.
Stripes: Football helmet stripes are used to compliment the side helmet decals by creating a stunning visual effect to your team’s football helmets. Football helmet stripes are available in a variety of styles including multi-color helmet stripes, bronco style helmet stripes, multi-point helmet stripes, panther style helmet stripes, revolution style helmet stripes, tapering style helmet stripes and bengal style helmet stripes. Football helmet stripes help define a team’s look by adding that extra touch to your helmets.
Award Markers: Award markers, also known as reward decals and pride stickers, are decals that are affixed to a high school or college football player’s helmet. They can denote either individual or team accomplishments. The practice of awarding helmet stickers is often credited to Ernie Biggs, trainer at Ohio State University under legendary coach, Woody Hayes. The stickers stem from fighter pilots marking their planes with stickers after kills and/or successful missions. The use of award marker decals is illustrated in the USA Today article, “Helmet stickers reward college football players’ superior performance” and Wired.com article, “The Science Behind College Football Helmet Stickers“.
Name Strips: Name Strip decals can be placed on the front or back of football helmets and are great for covering up helmet names/styles with your own wording. Add a little touch of team spirit with front or back name strips. Great for displaying your school name, mascot name or inspiring words.
Numbers: Number decals can be used to label equipment, helmets, lockers or anything that needs a number. They can also be used to compliment a side helmet decal by placing each player’s number on the sides of their helmets. Number decals can be purchased per individual die cut number or in numbering system sets.
Flags & Ribbons: Flag decals are used to show your patriotism and support for our nation while out on the football field. Football players can wear these proudly knowing that they are made 100% in the USA by Healy Decals. Ribbon decals provide an opportunity for individuals and team’s to support a worthy cause and let those affected know that your team is playing for them with ribbon decals worn on all of your helmets. Support ribbons can be worn for a variety of purposes all of which can be customized by Healy. Click the following link for a list of awareness ribbons.
Memorial Markers: Memorial markers are used to pay respect to a fellow player, coach or classmate by applying a decal to each member of the football team’s helmets. Memorial marker decals may include the initials, number or name of the person who is being remembered.
Posted by Healy Awards on June 20, 2012
Customers often want to save money (who doesn’t?) when buying football helmet decals for their team or organization. Here are some tips to maximize your savings when you order from Healy Decals this summer:
- Utilize your helmet color in your decal design. We recommend keeping areas of your decal design clear in order to save money by having one less print color. This will allow your 2 color design to become a 1 color design. Additionally, this ensures that the color of your helmet is exactly the same as the color in your decals.
- Simplify your logo to 1 or 2 print colors. The best way to save money on decals is to simplify your logo utilizing only 1 or 2 print colors. Let our art department take your logo and make it into a stunning, affordable design today.
- Keep your decal size under 36 square inches. Our durable 20 mil vinyl custom helmet decals include any designs that are 36 square inches or smaller. Customers often want to create an oversized design to wrap their helmets, but at the same time save money. While we offer the lowest prices in the industry, decals that are over 36 square inches are significantly more expensive and more difficult to apply to helmets.
- Purchase greater quantities. The easiest way to save money on your decals is to purchase greater quantities of your team or organization’s decal. Take advantage of price breaks at 50 pairs, 75 pairs, 100 pairs, 150 pairs and 250+ pairs. Anticipate next year’s needs or buy extra decals to sell as fundraising decals.
- Order early to save on shipping. Don’t wait until the last minute to order your football helmet decals. By ordering early, we can create your decals in our standard production time of 2-3 business days and ship them to you UPS Ground. Too many customers wait until the last minute to order decals for their game two days later, and as a result, are forced to ship their decals UPS 2nd Day Air or UPS Next Day Air. This can prove to be costly. While we try to make all arrangements to shuffle our production schedule around to get your decals out as fast as we can, sometimes the problem is with how fast UPS can deliver them to your door step requiring you to use an expedited shipping method.
- Save 25% on helmet decals and decal accessories. Take advantage of our all year discount and low prices. Save big on the Nation’s Toughest Most Durable Football Helmet Decals!
Posted by Healy Awards on June 13, 2012
Outfit your students with Gym Uniforms that deliver head to toe performance! Gym Uniforms are great for your school as they foster school spirit, reduce theft (spaces for student to write his/her name are on each garment), promote team unity and save money! Our Gym Uniform packs are priced as low as $9.49 per pack and include a FREE color shirt upgrade.
Gym Uniforms include:
Custom 1-color imprinted Gildan 6.1 oz. 100% cotton t-shirt PLUS A4 imprinted Mesh Shorts
- Standard 10″ x 12″ graphic on any colored 100% cotton t-shirt (Sizes YM – 3XL*) PLUS your 1-location custom imprint in 1 school color!
- A4 imprinted 9″ Men’s & 5″ Women’s mesh/tricot 100% polyester, 70 denier mesh shorts (Sizes YM – 4XL*) in your choice of color PLUS your 1-location custom imprint in 1 school color!
* Additional charges apply for extended sizes.
Posted by Healy Awards on June 6, 2012